To renew a Master of Yachts certificate, please follow the step-by-step instructions listed here to create a profile.
Documents needed for Master of Yachts
- Documented proof of 50 days at sea within last 5 years (seatime logbook scans)
- Current medical fitness examination - must be dated within the last 2 years, and must contain colourblindness test, and list any restrictions. Download a medical form here: eyesight_medical_fitness_standard_form.pdf
- Head shot photo in profile (this will be printed on your card)
- Shipping address in profile
- Government-issued ID in profile
- Revalidate within 5 years, no earlier than 6 months before expiry. Late revalidation penalty fees apply to expired Master of Yachts certificates (see below).
Late Fees for Master of Yachts
Please be aware that late fees apply for Master of Yachts certificate revalidations:
1. Up to 1 year out of date: a late penalty of $90.00 USD
2. Up to 2 years out of date: a late penalty of $180.00 USD
3. Over 2 years out of date:
a) Sit an oral examination at an IYT Worldwide-approved Master of Yachts school (subject to examiner costs). In the event of failing the oral, the candidate will be required to re-sit the theory course.
b) A late penalty of $270.00 USD
4. Over 3 years out of date:
a) Practical and oral re-sit required for Master of Yachts Coastal/Mate 200gt and Limited certificates
b) Written exam re-sit required for Master of Yachts Unlimited certificates.
c) A late penalty of $90/00 USD per year over expiration date.